Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmastime 2011

Well it's Christmas!! All the excitement begins, holiday meeting family members you have not seen in a while and definitely the finger-licking food. When i was younger i could not wait to see my cousins come and spend christmas at home or I at their place.

Holidays then were very exciting and it reminded me of the story i read in Primary English, about a certain girl who went to Wundanyi and blah blah.. My point is, we were all about the same age and we did all sorts of childish activities you can think of. Once we went to a neighbor's house on 31st December and lit fire crackers and ran off ( i hope she is not reading this). It made the bond tighter and i always leaked a tear when it was time for us to leave.

This Christmas my folks told me that my cousins would be coming, i was ecstatic now that we were older who knows what mischief we could do, including going out dancing random bonfires and music in the house.. my mind was running wild with ideas. Wait until i got home to find them, Lo and behold! before my sight were four bambinos staring back at me. Don't get me wrong i adore children, but this festive season i was going to fight tooth and nail to have peace and mind away from toddlers.

Seems when we grow older we get different things to do, work, different responsibilities on our shoulders. Consequently family time during the holiday is now reduced to one or two days. Maybe i am the one having a hard time letting go off my childhood memories but i wish Christmas was longer and fun as it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment