Monday, February 20, 2012

THE WAVE

I am having my lunch break and as i walk past a shop, an old newspaper on the door of a new shop under construction stops me on my tracks. It is my old high school friend and her glam wedding photos are splashed all over the newspaper. Since i am with my workmates i tell them how cute they look on the photo and we all start oohhing and ahhhing at the couple. I finally decide to give her a call and catch up and she says the baby has been born. I am truly happy for her as we talk of the little bundle of joy. At the back of my head i am screaming at the top of my lungs.. "What????"

What happened to the plan back in school where we were supposed to stay single get flashy cars, pretty clothes before we let the knights in shining armor whisk us away? Reality check. My friend calls it the WAVE. The wave starts when all your girlfriends start getting married; have babies or actually settle in serious relationships. She says that if it misses you (the wave), you have to wait for 5 years to get into the wave again.

I may not be of the same school of thought, which proclaims spinsterhood and possible celibacy for the next half a decade.I believe its called growing up and taking risks that others are not willing to. Its knowing who is right for you and not the obvious heart breakers. Its putting your Knight in shinning armour before all the pretty dresses.

I may not be ready to take some of those risks right now but i am preparing to. I am preparing to be a great wife, mother and family pillar, I am letting God make me the best i can be, strong, prayerful, virtuous and loving. Just like flowers some open first and the rest come following later. In this case I may be a late bloomer but definitely a Bloomer!

No comments:

Post a Comment