Thursday, March 29, 2012

WHEN I WAS YOUNG I WANTED TO BE A SINGER..

I have been so busy of late not able to update my blog, i had almost lost my life as a blogger for a moment there, but not to worry i have not yet reached the point 'to blog or not to blog'. I am having this Thursday infront of my computer busy trying out Karoke on YouTube. My friend encouraged my to try out for Tusker Project Fame Auditions, she reallly does believe in me, when i asked her for the audition venue and dates, she told me "See press and posters for details!"... huh really i hope next time i wont get a 'terms and conditions apply.' :-)

When i was a child i really wanted to be a singer, when everyone else wanted to be a doctor, pilot, farmer, driver (yes!). I just wanted to sing. I have grown up in a house full of music... (then) we should have had a small choir.  I thought muscians were preety, especially Tina turner and her raspy voice...Whitney (R.I.P). Sound of Music increased my ever burning desire for music. At the age of 5 i could sing in front of a 200 persons' crowd, the comments were encouraging too. (Of course i did not look llike her below... :-)


Somewhere along the way came books, education and Music was not in my school Curriculum. Naturally i was more inclined to passing my maths test than learning the F and G -clefs. Back in school and formed a trio with my friends called - Three Roses and we could actually rock a crowd pretty well. After high school of course came college and lets just say singing lost to other things. Although i would drop some few notes for my friends, that was preety much the end of me doing any singing.

Im standing infront of my laptop practicing a song - If you ask me by Omawumi, (amaizing song!) and i am astounded by how terrible i sound, what happened to my voice??? I was so sure i could pull it off quite easily....#puzzled. Now i actually believe my mother's stories when she tells me she could sing..What im preety sure of is, i will not be checking press and posters for details anytime soon. The simple joy i used to find when singing my heart out has been lost in the hustle and bustle of my daily life. I not giving up yet... im going out to get my groove again :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment