Sunday, April 29, 2012

MISS SMARTY MOUTH

All my life i have grown up knowing that education is the key to life and my teachers taught me that education is all about books and knowing everything there is to know, so i spent hours in books, heaps of them getting to know all i could. I am proudly nerdy and sometimes i say somethings to people that sounds Klingon  and they give me puzzled look. Being smart naturally this is supposed to be a good thing... but sometimes i think it is sort of a blessing in disguise!

I am not bellittling the fact that knowledge is vital, just that sometimes being nerdy or such a smarty mouth is kind of annoying. For instance my girlfriends once told me that always intimidate my dates coz of being a smart mouth and i thought .. Lame! Every guy wants a smart lady who knows everything (wrong!!!!) it can be intimidating sometimes.... especially if he wants to crack a joke and you sploosh him with facts and historical references... eventually turning into a historical lecture.. who really wants to talk about Charles Dickens, Hitler, Fidel Castro, acne, world peace .....??? Lesson learnt to well.

So quietly women learn to sit back and let the men shine in conversations, as much as you think they are so wrong but definately not always and laugh at the stupidiest jokes, sometimes letting someone feel smart works over taking the spot light. I used to wonder how people can stand blondes... i mean they are soo... well.. BLONDE! Facts they say the stupidiest things that make you laugh, they don't have to think they just live the moment have fun and drama... may be thats why men prefer blondes..... although there is also the darwinian theory to explain it... ( there me being nerdy again)

Bring out crazy arguments but that doesnt matter whether you are right or wrong just have a goddamn opinion.. don't be the it's okay person.. say No! sometimes. So nerdy me, has tried this and it definately works...!!! it boosts the self esteem of the people around you and only then can you see the true colours of who they are and they enjoy being around you more... Sometimes i look completly interested in stuff i am being told but have no clue they are talking about.... but somehow they will shut up along the way... and don't judge me because men completely switch off when we start talking about fashion and make up!

Im just saying....two sides of the same coin... i need the nerdy part of me to reason, come up with great ideas, run businesses, get jobs, succeed and the blonde part of me to balance it out .. have fun interact and do the whole livin la vida loca. Anyhoo its never that serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment